Meet IUP Student: Amelia Atkins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Meet Amelia Atkins! A 3 year Deans List Student majoring in Communications Media with a minor in Journalism. I got to sit down with Amelia and talk with her a little about her past four years here at IUP. Here is what she shared with me:

1. What is your favorite place to eat at on campus?

Either Einsteins or Chick-Fil-A

2. A suggested place to go visit in the Indiana, PA area before graduating? (Amelia is very adventurous)

Yellow Creek State Park or anywhere that you can go mountain climbing at.

(Fun fact: Amelia and I recently went mountain climbing for our first time and it was one of the most memorable experiences!)

3. Do you have any advice to freshman?

Do not get discouraged by your first year. Push through and find your purpose here because everybody has one.

4. Advice for those going into their senior year of college?

Look for jobs. Do not be afraid to apply in your field and always TRUST THE PROCESS!

5. What are some things you are involved in around campus?

I am a host on Hawk Talk. The team and I have to come up with a person with a creative gift and ask thought provoking questions. We then are responsible for editing the media and presenting it by the specified date. I am also Media Chair of True Culture University. We record discussions and post them on the website, promoting the organization, design team t-shirts, and edit footage for the website.

6. What is something that you wish you did differently with your time here at IUP?

I wish I had gotten into more organizations and been the producer of Generation Gap. Generation Gap is another show that I was a co-host on for two years. The producers graduated and I did not take on the roll.

7. What is one of your favorite quotes?

“Your trials are temporary; they won’t last forever. Better days are on their way. Just keep your attitude “up” instead of “down,” and remember that this is just a season and it will pass.”

If you see Amelia around campus, don’t be shy..say hi! She is very friendly and outgoing. And don’t forget to congratulate her on her upcoming graduation. Go Amelia!

Graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a B.S in Child Development and Family Relations in May 2018. I have a passion for working with the youth, making a difference in the community, and having a positive impact on individual's lives. "A good woman, trying to be a better woman, while inspiring and helping the next woman."