Meet Cory Glover Dietician Major & Spanish Minor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

`           Cory Glover is a 20-year-old Pittsburgh native who majors in Dietetics and minors in Spanish. She recently returned from a semester abroad-at sea. She traveled to Germany, Greece, Italy, Spain, Morocco, Senegal, Trinidad, Tobago, Peru, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Ecuador. Cory’s favorite countries were Peru and Ecuador because she got to utilize her Spanish skills there. Her classes were on the boat where she learned the history of the different foods of the countries she went to and the country’s current events. In each of the countries, Cory spent a week. Despite getting seasick her whole entire trip, Cory said it was an amazing experience, not only because of the different cultures and food she experienced, but because of the lifelong friends she made. She wouldn’t change that for the world. Surprisingly, she didn’t receive that much culture shock from the people she saw in the different countries but from the people on the boat. The economic differences between the study abroad students were very apparent and it was something Cory had never experienced before. Even so, it gave her an experience that she will take with her for the rest of her life- and hopefully into her future career.

(Hybrid of flags from Peru and Ecuador)

Cory hopes to join the Peace Corps after she graduates and hopefully get her masters degree while doing so. Eventually, she wants to open her own dietician center geared toward helping women and children with diet plans and making smart food choices. Until then, Cory is a part of POIZ, a modeling/dance group on IUP’s campus. The group is a bit out of her concert zone with the modeling aspect, but even with that and the four-day a week practices—she loves it. As a part of her major, she’s also apart of the Student Association of Nutrition and Dietetics.

As most young women, Cory has a favorite artist and role model – Lauryn Hill. When asked why, she explains that Lauryn Hill is “not on the same hip hop wave as everyone else.” It’s not just the love she has for her music, but the way Lauryn Hill can inspire people in her songs—in a way that other artists can’t.

(Pictured above is artist Lauryn Hill.)

At the end of her interview, Corey excitedly explains the black shirt from Europe she has on that illustrates a little bit of who she is and what she lives by, Never Regret Just Lessons Learned, Play Hard, Forgive Quickly, and Take Chances. She emphasizes the forgive quickly, “You have to forgive people even if they don’t forgive you.” This is something we should all strive to live by.

Make sure you say hi to Cory if you see her on campus!

21. Eyes of emerald green. Reverse Psychology. FMOI&Tumblr&SnapChat: nicoletteth00. ♡ IUP17 JRNL&PR w/English. #LupusWarrior#TheAgencyIUP #MadLove