iOS 10: What To Expect?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

As a lot of you iPhone users already know, Apple launched their new software system, iOS 10, last week.  This version is considered the Beta Version where the software is made available for testing before the general release of a software such as iOS 10.2.  Some features that iOS 10 offers ranges from the new, creative messaging to allowing individuals to set a bedtime on your clock.

1. Messaging

You may now send your friends self-drawn pictures and use effects to make your texting a lot more exciting.

Also, users can choose to set read receipts for individual people, so if you want to ignore someone and get your point across then iOS 10 is perfect for you!

2. Bedtime

Bedtime allows iOS 10 users to set a constant time for when you want to go to bed and when you would like to wake up.  Users answer a series of questions and bedtime does the rest!

3. Apple Pay

This app allows you to set up your debit or credit card which then lets you use your phone to pay for a transaction at your fingertips.

4. Lock Screen

If you slide to the left on your lock screen you will now encounter your camera and when you slide to the right your widgets will appear.

5. Apple Music

This is the app that everyone is talking about!  This last feature is already built into your phone and cannot be deleted.  Apple Music is like Spotify but allows you to save music and is all about streaming radio stations and more.  Students just pay $4.99 a month to enjoy this perk.

Side Notes:

This may be what everyone was waiting for…you can now delete all of those pointless apps such as weather and stock!

Also, with this new update be aware that some phones have bricked, also known as becoming useless, and many individuals lost their content so MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE UPDATING!

Hellooo! I am your average teenage girl besides all of the quirkiness and energy I carry along with me :) I am a freshman at IUP and is looking to change my major to business management and exercise science!