This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

If you’re indecisive like me, making even the smallest decision can be a struggle. So, when it comes down to making a more important decision, your head may start spinning and you may feel like whichever option you choose will be the wrong one. Try following these five steps to help with your decision making.

1. Make a pros and cons list – This may seem obvious, but it’s probably the most important step you can take to making a decision. Instead of keeping it all in your head, actually write it down on a piece of paper. This way, you can physically see how the good outweighs the bad or vice versa.

2. Talk to you friends and family – If making a pros and cons list didn’t work, talking through it with friends and family may help. They will be able to provide their input and maybe even guide you in the direction they feel is best for you.

3. Listen to your gut – After making your pros and cons list and talking it over with your friends and family, you may have a better idea of where you stand on the problem. If you’re having a gut reaction, then you should probably follow through with whichever decision that may be.

• Choices
  • cons
  • decision
  • family
  • friends
  • Indecisive
  • list
  • pros
  • Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.