The End of the Semester as Told by Lilo and Stitch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Being in college is such a wonderful experience. You get to meet new people, study something that you love, and (hopefully) experience life outside of your hometown with a significantly less amount of drama. Needless to say, college is just the best part of your life thus far. However, no matter how incredible college is it can definitely be stressful—especially near the end of the semester. If this is your first semester, I promise you will survive the stress that is headed your way. If you have done this before, you can probably relate to these Lilo and Stitch moments.

1. When all of your assignments begin to pile up at once.

The frustration when that happens is unreal. Professors are scrambling to finish lessons so that you can have your final, but the assignments all seem to be pushed together. It seems that no amount of planning or organizing can help you get ahead when it comes to this so you settle in and try to contain your frustration.

2. When you’ve had a rough day and someone brings you food.

Food makes everything better and when someone brings you food is even better. Getting through the end of the semester involves a lot of snacking and unneeded calories, but it’s okay! A few extra sessions in the gym will take care of the extra calories OR maybe not. Treat yo self!

3. Doing absolutely anything you can to procrastinate your assignments.

It seems like no matter how much time you dedicate to doing assignments, you always find something else to do instead. Piles of laundry, dirty dishes, and overflowing trash cans all become priority when you’re supposed to bei doing assignments. Productive procrastination can be a blessing and a curse all at the same time.

4. Whenever the slightest inconvenience occurs, it seems like the end of the world.

This is not the time for your printer to run out of ink, your bank account to be overdrawn, or for any other issue in any other part of your life. This time of the year already has you stressed beyond words and anyone, or anything, that decides to add to your stress obviously does not realize your fragile state.

5. Sleep has become your saving grace.

Sleeping during this time of the semester is almost impossible, but when you do it is such a beautiful thing. When you finally get to curl up in your bed, it’s like getting in a warm hug that was designed solely for you. It is also one of the only ways to escape the mounting stress.

6. When anyone asks you to do ANYTHING.

When you’re already doing the bare minimum, adding to that is not an option. People asking you to do things that they can do for themselves is completely disrespectful. You have the right to ignore them, it’s the end of the semester and you’re barely making it through so you don’t need to add anything to your plate.

7. When it all just becomes too much.

We all know this feeling. It just feels like nothing will ever give and the semester will ever end. While this feeling is temporary, it feels very real at the time.

The end of the semester is difficult no matter what you are studying. If you are struggling, hang in there because it will end soon and winter break will make you feel so much better!

Danielle Jones is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania--a small town with big pride. As an English, Writing major with a minor is Business Administration she loves words and truly believes in their power. She is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at IUP. In her free time, Danielle enjoys reading, writing, and all things Shonda Rhimes.