Chicken Tacos: On A Budget!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Being on a budget in college is always difficult. My roommate and I always try to find new recipes that will help us save money. One thing that we always make are chicken tacos. We usually buy chicken in bulk from Aldi’s or Walmart and freeze what we don’t use so we can make them again.

This recipe is so simple. You just have to chop up the chicken into pieces, your preference. We usually chop them into little squares so we can put a couple of them on the taco. You then cook the chicken in a frying pan until it is done. Then you spray the chicken with butter/ oil (or you can cook the chicken with butter) and then you take a taco seasoning packet and pour it all over and mix it all up. Delicious.

To be heathy, use whole wheat wraps, or youc can just use regular tortilla wraps. Again, your choice. You can then add lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, dressing, guacamole, sour cream, and anything else you like for a delicious taco.

This recipe is very easy, very quick, and delicious. Hope you enjoy!

Happy cooking!

Indiana University of Pennsylvania Journalism/ Public Relations/ Religious Studies Caffeine and music enthusiast ΔΦΕ