Campus Celeb: Char Adams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This week’s Campus Celeb is one of Her Campus IUP’s own, Miss Char Adams! A soon-to-be graduating senior on campus, Char is a Journalism major with a minor in Dance Arts. Arriving in IUP in 2010, Char has been busy with many organizations here on campus in her four short years. Also a writer for The Penn, Char is part of the IUP Dance Theatre Company, PRSSA, the IUP Militia Dance Team, Multicultural Praise Dance Group, and the IUP chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Char has helped to plan events for the Society of Professional Journalists, the Militia Dance Team, and the Multicultural Praise Dance Team. Also an avid attender of campus events, Char remembers going to many events, such as the Matt Nathanson concert, Young the Giant, and MGk concerts. Many events sponsored by the BEC or TEN have become fond memories for Char, as well as the Glitz & Glamor shows which she has seen multiple times. In her time, Char has done IUP proud, earning a second place state journalism award, writing an article for The Penn which was published in a Florida State University textbook call “The Longman Writer,” and being awarded about five scholarships which helped her greatly in her academics.

When I asked Char what she would miss most about IUP, she told me that her favorite memories are performing with her dance teams and groups during her time here. She says she will miss the atmosphere of IUP, saying that “the campus is very welcoming and I feel a sense of unity. It seems like everyone is right next door. All the fun is right outside my door.” We here at Her Campus IUP would like to thank Char for all that she has done with us, and wish her well on her upcoming endeavors.

Hey all! My name's Cat, and I'm a proud English major at IUP campus, with a minor in Woman's studies, and maybe even Asian studies too if I can manage it. I'm not nearly as much of a workaholic as that makes me sound like though, I promise. I'm a huge nerd, thanks to my daddy, so when I'm not writing or reading you can catch me watching eclectic shows, playing strange games, and discussing why each of my friends is which superhero. My biggest vice is coffee, my favorite sport is marathon reading, and my favorite color is yellow, in case any of you lovely people really wanted to know. Feel free to contact me at any time, even just to chat! <3