The Best Times to Wear Maxi Dresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

With winter behind us, it’s time to say goodbye to layers of clothes! That means no more having to wear leggings under you pants for extra warmth or two shirts under your sweater!

My favorite warm weather style is the maxi dress! Maxi dresses are convenient, comfortable and very cool – the three C’s I follow when getting dressed. Here are a few suggestions on the best time to wear maxi dresses!

1.  A Social Gathering With Friends and Family

The best thing about maxi dresses is that they come in different styles, colors, and you can wear them to almost any event. Maxi dresses are perfect for a get together with family, whether it be a barbeque, going to lunch or dinner with friends, or just meeting up at the park or beach. Maxi dresses were built for comfort and style.  What better time is there to wear them than to meet up with people that you care about? Combine them with a nice pair of sandals and sunglasses (if you want to be bold and use a belt – that’s okay too!) and you will look amazing!

2.  Casual Wear Day at Work

Depending where you work or who you work for, having a day where you don’t have to wear a suit is a miracle. Maxi dresses are perfect for this occasion because, if you combine it with the right accessories, you can still look casual and professional. Let’s start with the shoes: again, depending on where you work, sandals will not be a good idea, but maybe a pair of wedges or low heels can add a sense of professionalism and confidence. Also, a blazer is a great touch to any maxi dress, as well. Just make sure your maxi dress is a solid color, this adds professionalism and neutrality. 

3.  Just to Run Errands

I can’t say enough that maxi dresses are built for comfort and convenience. Let’s say you have a lot of to do in one day and you can’t think of anything to wear – maxi dress to the rescue! It is comfortable for you to wear throughout the day and, if you combine it with sandals, sunglasses, a nice purse, and maybe even a jean jacket, you will be stylish and comfortable to complete your to-do list. It’s even better when you run into someone looking stylish and comfortable – it’s a win/win for you! 

Hey everyone! I'm a senior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a History, Pre-Law major and Enlgish minor. I hope you all are enjoying my articles and those of my fellow writers. Follow me on twitter or instagram - jessicavalenx3. Let me know what you would to see on HerCampus and we will always try to accomodate. Thanks and enjoy!