Career

Being a Woman: Meet Halimah O’Daniel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

As Women’s History Month recently came to an end, I got to ask Halimah; a sophomore English major with a Film Studies minor here at IUP, questions regarding being a woman; here is what she had to say!

1. What does being a woman mean to you?

Being a woman to me means being confident, working hard, wearing your heart on your sleeve, loving everything about yourself (even your flaws). I believe in being a trailblazer in everything that I do. I am very proud of myself for what I have done in life so far, and what I am about to do as well.

2. In what ways have you uplifted other women?

Some ways I have uplifted other women would be by lending my advice for the problems they have, or lending my voice and speaking out on situations that they have dealt with. I have been the shoulder to cry on, and the one who has listened and understood where they are coming from when others could not. I think the importance of uplifting other women is to bring everyone together. It brings more of a unity within different groups, it also gives women chances to have their voices heard with other women that maybe went through the same thing or just to have someone listen.

3. Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years I see myself finishing up my two year conservatory at the New York Film Academy, and trying to start my career off. I want to be a screenwriter, director, and actress. I know it’s a big dream, but that’s the only way I was taught to dream. I know I have the willpower to make it happen and that’s what I’m gonna do.

4. Share an interesting fact about yourself

I’m a huge movie geek! I love every type of movie, and know the lines of most movies everyone has seen. I also love boy bands! Huge fan girl and kid at heart!

All photos from Halimah O’Daniel

Graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a B.S in Child Development and Family Relations in May 2018. I have a passion for working with the youth, making a difference in the community, and having a positive impact on individual's lives. "A good woman, trying to be a better woman, while inspiring and helping the next woman."