Amanda Rice, Her Campus President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Amanda Rice ~ Her Campus IUP President

This week’s profile features our chapter’s president/ Editor in Chief and campus correspondent Amanda Rice.  Rice is a junior marketing major with an economics minor and will be doing a student exchange for two weeks at Sichuan University in Chengdu, China. Next year She will be serving as an Chapter Advisor for Her Campus Media where she will be collaborating with several chapters.

She keeps herself busy while running the chapter and improving our status. Every day she works with other Her Campus chapters and maintains her dean’s list status at the same time. She does presentations for the journalism classes to encourage them to write for the magazine as well as promoting the magazine. Amanda has been a great help when it came to elevating the IUP chapter to pink level status nationwide which is a huge honor that has happened for the chapter.

Rice is also the historian for student alumni organization called the IUP Ambassadors. They keep busy with the tuition raffle, kidz carnival, the Crimson Huddle, Winter Warm Up, IUP Day, the Young alumni networking dinner and academic expos. These individuals are the ones who are the tour guides during the admissions events that usually happen on Saturdays where potential students can come tour the campus, talk to future professors, eat at on campus dining facilities, and view future classrooms.

She is a huge fan of Disney and has been to Disney World.  She is a half marathon finisher and goes on occasional runs in Indiana.  She spends her free time watching Netflix, working in the College of the Humanities Dean’s Office, and catching up on sleep.

Her Campus IUP wishes her well on her Adventure to China in the Summer!

Hi everyone! My name is Bonnie and I am a junior fashion merchandising major at IUP. My hobbies include watching scandal and gossip girl,eating popcorn, spending time in coffee shops,and going shopping at TJ Maxx.I love to write and talk about interesting topics.