5 Things to Do for Your Mom on Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Mother’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than to spoil the woman who has supported, loved, and inspired you throughout your life! With finals and the end of the school year coming up, you may have not even thought about what your plans are for Mother’s Day. Fear not, Her Campus has you covered with five (easy and affordable) things that you can do to show your mom how much you appreciate her!

1.  Breakfast in Bed

Surprise your mom before she even gets out of bed! Whip together some scrambled eggs, French toast, bacon, and whatever else to bring to her bedside. You can even add flowers and a cute note or card! 

2.  Plan a Day trip

Take your mom to that museum she’s always wanted to explore or that play/musical she’s always wanted to see. You can also check out what events and attractions there are in a nearby city. Your mom will love getting to spend time with you all while exploring new sights!

3.  Create a Video

Use iMovie or Movie Maker to make a video montage of photos and video clips of all the memories you’ve shared. Add her favorite songs and quotes to make it even more special! 

4.  Treat Her to a Class

Whether it’s a dance, pottery, or cooking class- your mom will love spending time with you. You’ll both learn something too- it’s a win-win! 

5.  Handmake Something Heartfelt

Some of the best gifts are the ones that come from the heart. Pinterest is filled with great craft ideas! Crafts aren’t your thing? You can write a poem or even bake your mom her favorite treats!