This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

College is a place where everybody is different and unique. The males on campus, however, tend to fit into specific categories. When on campus, you’ll encounter a range of different boys, from quiet loners to cliche fraternity brothers. 

1. The Frat Boy

This is probably the most cliche, yet most common, guy on campus. You can run into one at any party on the weekend, or even find them “turning up” on weekdays. These boys are known for being sweet talkers! 

2. The Stoner

This is the guy who shows up to class when he wants to (or when he remembers he has to go). When you do see him, you smell him first. The scent clings to their old sweatshirts and lingers on pretty much everything they own. He’s never stressing out over classes, or worried about big issues. Sometimes you can get jealous of him… he’s just so chill! 

3. The Athlete

You go to the gym? Really? I couldn’t even tell. How much do you bench? These boys are always mentioning how much they work out. Did you know they went for a run this morning? And went to crossfit yesterday? Yeah, he’s got an eight-pack. Wanna see it? Just check his snapchat story. He posts a daily picture with his protein shake. 

4. The “Nice Guy” 

Yes, these ones actually exist. They tend to be the guy on campus that everybody absolutely loves. He’s got that great sense of humor and is so laid back. He’ll hold the door for you and everybody else before he goes in to class. You’ll want to be his best friend, and his girlfriend. Unfortunately, he probably already has one of those. 

5. The Loner

His roommate says he’s alive, but you never see him around. Some how he ends up spending most of his days inside his room on the Xbox or PlayStation. And when he does come to class, he’s in the back corner, not talking to or making eye contact with anyone. Forget group projects with him, because he’s not participating. 

6. The Know-It-All

This kid knows everything, literally, ask him anything and he’ll give you an answer. It’s like he is Google. Every time the teacher asks a question, he raises his hand. Why is he even in college? He’s practically a walking master’s degree. 

7. The Party Go-er

He never joined a frat, but you can catch him acting just like a frat boy. He’s always talking about partying, or partying… or being hungover. Sometimes, he can trick you and be the nice guy, too. You’ve probably made out with him at least once. 

8. The Jokester

Literally, the funniest guy on campus. He can crack a joke about anything and every one will laugh. He brings up the mood of any classroom he’s in. Being around him too long will make your stomach hurt from laughing so hard. 

9. The Hipster

He is just so unique. The music he’s listening to, yeah, you’ve never heard of it. It’s this cool new band, he found them before anybody else. He’ll invite you over to “Netflix and Chill” but then put on a crappy indie movie about a sad band that never made it. Did I mention he plays the guitar? Do you want to listen to his EP? Download it on iTunes or he won’t talk to you anymore. Seriously, listen to it. It’s so original. 

10. The Eternally Taken

He’s been in a relationship since you met him. In fact, has he ever not been in a relationship? He always talks about his girlfriend and how in love they are. Don’t bother to ask him for a pencil in class, he’ll just respond with, “I have a girlfriend.” 

Interior Design major, Creative Writing minor, Netflix binger, puppy lover, and professional Zac Efron fangirl. I guess you could say I've got my hands full.