10 Struggles Girls with Resting B**** Face Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

You’re sitting in the Oak Grove, enjoying a coffee on a warm fall day.  You feel happy, so happy that it must be written all over your face!  Then, one of your classmates stops with a concerned look on her face.  She sits down beside you and asks, “What’s wrong? How could you be in a bad mood on a day like this?”  WHAT?! 

You’re plagued with Resting B**** Face or RBF for short.  What is RBF you ask?  It’s when you’re face is resting and it’s telling the world that you’re annoyed when in reality you’re happy or filled with emotion or just content.  Anyone with RBF can relate to these 10 struggles.

1.      You’re trying to be nice and people take it the wrong way.  Doesn’t this face show how happy you are to be helping out?

2.      You have to explain you aren’t mad or even annoyed for helping; it’s just your face.

3.      The moment when your best friend tells the story of how you first met and she says how she always thought you were so mean until she talked to you. 

4.      Then you begin to wonder how many other people haven’t approached you or worse, are they afraid of you?  Chalk another one up to RBF.

5.      When you’re actually mad you have to be extremely overreacted mad so that people can see you’re mad and it’s not just your face selling you out.

6.      How tired you are after having to fake a smile at a party or an evening out so that friends know you’re enjoying yourself and you aren’t angry.

7.       When people constantly assume you’re sitting back and judging them and everyone around when in reality you’re just hoping someone, anyone starts a conversation with you. 

8.      You make a joke and people stare in disbelief that you’re actually funny.

9.      And then, you have to apologize, laughing at how your face rests.  Sorry.  Not sorry.  This is me.  This is my face and it’s fabulous!

10.   Only your cat understands your daily struggles because she too, has RBF.

Jennifer is a senior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where she is an English Education major. When she isn't attending class, she loves spending time with her family and friends. She thinks that there is a chance to be AWESOME in every opportunity she's presented with and works hard to spread her positive outlook to those around her. Jennifer enjoys eating and trying new foods, participating in obstacle course 5k's, watching sappy movies, handing out high-5's, and writing. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @jzeanchock.