What You Need for the Best Girls Night Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

There comes a time when going out is too much effort. All you want to do is sit on your couch, binge watch your favorite Netflix show, and eat as much junk food as your heart desires. It’s times like these that you hit up your girlfriends. 

Whether you’re going through a heartbreak, had a rough week of classses, or you really just don’t want to put on pants to leave the house, a girls night in fixes everything. 

Let’s go ahead and define it. A girls night in: a night where unhealthy food is consumed, amazingly bad movies are watched, and all secrets unfold. 

While any time spent with your girls is great, there are some essential requirements you must have to make your girls night in the best ever. Here’s what you need. 

Junk Food 

Girls night is the last place to be health-conscious. The more junk food, the better. This is a no-judgement zone. I’m talking chocolate dipped potato chips, ladies. Go to your nearest gas station or grocery store, grab everything your mother wouldn’t let you eat as a kid, and go wild. 

Face Masks 

Records show that I have probably done a million of these cheap Target face masks, and I have never noticed a difference. However, they’re super fun to put on, and even funnier to take off. They have to sit for about 20 to 30 minutes, which is the perfect amount of time for selfies. And isn’t that what a girls night is all about, the perfect selfies? As you can see below, my BFF and I have it down. 

Movies

The girlier, the better. My friend-favorite is Bridesmaids, but there are so many more out there. Just go to Netflix and click on the Rom-Com section. It’s likely you’ll miss most of it anyway because you guys can’t stop talking, but it’s always fun to get a few laughs in (even in you only watch 20 mintues.)

And finally…the Best Girls Around

There’s nothing better than sitting around talking about how glad you are you didn’t go out instead. When you look back at that heartbreak or that stressful week, it’s better to remember that time you ate way too much popcorn and cried your way through Bridesmaids with your best girlfriends.