PINK’s Craziest Campus Showdown – Like, Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Hoosiers! Do you want to win the biggest back-to-BTown bash for IU? All 99 PINK Campuses will get to compete for the Ultimate PINK Back-to-School Bash this Friday, September 5th.  So, how’s IU going to win? Easy.

First, let’s see what we’ll be working toward

Watch the video below to see last year’s winning school, University of Central Florida, snag a free Flo Rida concert, PINK freebies and a visit from PINK models, Elsa and Sara. Past performers for PINK events have included Drake and Kid Cudi. Indiana won in 2009 and PINK brought Cobra Starship and Girl Talk along with PINK model Behati Prinsloo! So, basically, if we’ve done it before, we can do it again.

Vote, vote, vote

Starting at noon on Friday, September 5th, PINK Nation Members can vote for their school through their PINK Nation mobile app or through the PINK Nation website. You can even log in using Facebook. Because each voter is limited to one vote per round, it’s absolutely crucial that all Hoosiers participate in each round.

Five rounds, 24 hours each

The lowest ranking colleges will be dropped after each round, so we need to be on our game. But then again, when was that ever a problem for Hoosiers?

Insta-bonus points

At 3 p.m. every day of each round, Hoosiers have exactly one hour to earn five times the points to win a party. Each day will have a unique photo requirement and the only way to know the theme of the day is by following your Indiana PINK Representatives on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @indianavspink! Submit your pictures via Instagram with the hashtags #CrazyforCampus and #PINKParty4IU.

Note: Instagram accounts must be public in order to be eligible for points.

OK, that is a lot of info. Here’s a recap:

1. Vote for IU in each of the five rounds. You can vote via the PINK Nation website or app.
  2. Follow IU’s PINK reps on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @indianavspink
  3. Instagram a photo that’s related to each round’s theme. Include the hashtags #CrazyforCampus and #PINKParty4IU. Oh, and for the sake of a PINK party possibility, set your account to public for the week.

It has been too long since IU has won and Hoosiers need to bring the party back to Indiana. Never daunted, we cannot falter. 

Cat Huynh is a junior at one of the greatest schools in the nation -- Indiana University. She is double majoring in Journalism and Communication & Culture, with a specialization in Public Relations and Advertising. When she's not too busy working hard in the classroom and office (read: Starbucks), she also dedicates her time to blogging, being the campus representative for Victoria's Secret PINK at IU, being Director of Communications for Public Relations Student Society of America at IU. In her spare time, she enjoys browsing news sites, watching documentaries on Netflix, listening to Justin Timberlake, spending time with her loved ones and pinning.Tweet tweet @catdhuynh