Obscure Holidays to Celebrate In-Between Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Now that Valentine’s Day has passed and St. Patrick’s Day seems like eons away, the rest of February and beginning of March seem relatively dull. If you are like me and are always looking for a reason to celebrate something, HCIU found a list of a few random but interesting holidays that you can celebrate while awaiting the next big celebration!

February 26th: National Tell a Fairytale Day

This is a great excuse for everyone to travel back in time and celebrate your love for fire-breathing dragons, pretty princesses, and handsome princes. Grab your favorite fairytale and cozy up with a blanket and some hot cocoa for a trip down memory lane. Extra points for being charitable– head down to the local Boys and Girls Club or school and read your favorite story to a group of deserving children.

March 3rd: National I Want You to Be Happy Day

What’s better than a holiday where the only objective is to be happy? Go out with your girlfriends, listen to happy music, or eat some delicious food. This day is all about you and what makes you feel good inside!

March 6th: National Frozen Foods Day

There are only two words that I think of when I hear the words “frozen food:” ice and cream. I’m always looking for an excuse to treat myself to a cup of of frozen goodness, and this day is a perfect day to do it! If you aren’t a fan of ice cream, there are plenty of other frozen foods to choose from. Frozen pizzas, ice pops, pastries, fruit, whatever you want– the freezer is your oyester. 

March 13th: National Ear Muffs Day

Have a cute pair of ear muffs but never feel like you get to wear them? National Ear Muffs Day is a great day to bring them out of the closet! Although this might be an easier holiday to celebrate if you happen to be in a cooler climate, ear muffs could potentially make a great fashion statement, regardless of the season or climate!

March 14th: National Potato Chip Day

I am always tempted to scarf down some potato chips in between class, especially with a great dip on hand. National Potato Chip Day is a great excuse to pick up a bag of Lays from the grocery store and catch up on your latest Netflix show!

*Title Image Source