Meet Our New Co-CC Olivia Easton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Name: Olivia Easton

Nickname: Liv            

Year and Age: Freshman, 19

Hometown: Miami, Florida

Major: Media- Sports Concentration

Favorite TV Show: Friends, no doubt.

Favorite Movie: Hangover I

Favorite Food: Mac and Cheese

Favorite Social Media Channel: Snapchat, for sure.

Favorite Restaurant in Btown: Bigwoods Quaff On

Favorite getting ready song: Crazy in Love by Beyoncé

Celebrity Crush: Tom Brady

Why did you get involved with Her Campus? I have always had an interest in writing. I excelled at it in high school but I was always frustrated that I couldn’t write about what I wanted. Getting involved in Her Campus gave me the creative liberty to write about anything and eventually get published to a large audience. It was the perfect opportunity to get more experience.

When did you start taking an interest in writing? I started taking an interest in writing at a very young age when my second grade teacher had us write a short story. Proudly, I received the highest grade in the class and from then on, I loved the fact that I could express myself via writing.

If you could have your dream job after graduation, what would it be? Absolute dream job would be working on social media for an NFL team.

What’s your favorite thing about Indiana? The people. No matter where I go or what I am doing, people are always willing to talk to me, join me, advise me, etc.

What’s one word of advice you could give to incoming freshmen? Keep an open mind and get out of your comfort zone. Some of the best things come from an unlikely situation.