Jade Mastropietro: Alpha Epsilon Phi Pledge Class Social Chair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.
THE BASICS:Nickname: JodYear & age: Freshman, 18Major: Undecided
FAVES:
Movie: “Wolf of Wall Street”B-Town restaurant: Malibu GrillQuote: “Fall seven times, stand up eight.”Dessert: Baked by Melissa Cupcakes
HCIU:  how do you stay on top of being social and friends with literally everyone whether they are in a sorority, fraternity, or not in a house?JM: I try to do all I can to keep in contact with my friends in different houses and those who are not in houses at all. Greek life should never be a deciding factor on who you can and can not be friends with. My first semester friends will be there for me just as much as my friends in my house, and it’s always nice knowing that you have someone who is there for you outside of your greek affiliation. If I have not talked to someone in a while, I’ll catch up right where we left off. 

HCIU: What is your favorite aspect of greek life so far?JM: My favorite aspect of Greek Life has to be the people I’ve gotten to meet. I would have never come in contact with certain people if it was not for Greek Life and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to meet them.

HCIU: What does pledge class social chair do?JM: As pledge class social chair my responsibility is to set up pledge class pairs with fraternities so we can get to know the guys our age.

HCIU: What is your favorite thing about Alpha Epsilon Phi?JM: My favorite thing about Alpha Epsilon Phi is that although the girls in my house are from various places, everyone shares the same values and morals at the end of the day. We are all so alike and unique at the same time, which makes everyone work. 

HCIU:  would you consider running for a higher board position within your sorority in future years to come and why?JM: I would definitely consider running for a higher position in my sorority because I love to get involved and I see myself as a leader. I don’t know what I would want to do yet but I’ll be ecstatic with an E-board position.

* Photos courtesy of Jade Mastropietro

Self proclaimed Carrie Bradshaw of our generation.