Career

How to Make Money in College Without Getting a Part-Time Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Between the massive amounts of schoolwork, social events, and sleep, getting a job as a full-time student is the last thing most people want to do. However, tuition bills, groceries, and bar tabs are expensive, especially with no steady flow of income. Luckily, the evolution of the internet has allowed people to make money on their own time and terms. HCIU came up with a list of a few ways you can make money in college without having to get a part-time job:

Apply for a remote position.

Many businesses in every city look for students to handle their social media accounts. You can access social media accounts from anywhere and you can communicate with your boss solely through email or phone.

Rent/sell your clothes to other students.

With the rise of apps like Curtsy and Poshmark, it is easy to rent or sell your clothes to others in your city. Girls are always looking for formal dresses or tailgate outfits, so comb through your closet and post your items on the app!

Take surveys.

Although taking surveys is not the most exciting job, it is an easy way to make money on the go. Before signing up for a survey website, check it out to make sure it is a legitimate way to make money.

Participate in a paid psychology experiment.

Many psychology students look for people to perform studies on. Depending on the experiment, students can earn up to $300 just for participating! Watch for emails and flyers from the psychology department for upcoming experiments!

Sign up for Care.com.

Care.com is a website that connects babysitters, dog walkers, tutors, and personal assistants with people in need in the community. The best part about this app is that most of the jobs are temporary positions.

*Title Image Source