A Few Reasons Why Charlie Calvin From The Santa Clause Stole My Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Winter Break is rapidly approaching and the entire IU campus is amping up their holiday cheer. I too am starting to get into the Christmas spirit as welll. One of my all-time favorite holiday pastimes is watching the “25 Days of Christmas” on ABC Family (or Freeform, whatever they’re calling it these days). There is nothing more heartwarming than a good Christmas movie, as I’ve been watching them since I was four and can recite almost every word to almost every movie. However, one Christmas trilogy ranks higher than the rest– The Santa Clause. As I watched it again the other day for the hundredth time, I remembered that I had a HUGE crush on Charlie Calvin. He has so many redeemable qualities that make him an ideal boyfriend to take home for the holidays, such as:

His Impeccable Grow-Up

Charlie went from an adorable, spirited little boy to teen hunk faster than you can say “jingle bells.”

His Boyish Charm

Charlie Calvin stole my heart in the second movie when he was describing the feelings of having his first crush to his dad while sitting in his room one snowy evening. I could not help but melt at his innocent nature and sweet grin. Ugh, #adorable.

His Bad Boy Phase

Maybe it’s just me, but I have a little thing for bad boys. Charlie’s bad boy phase was definitely hot, I am not going to lie. His rebellious antics were for good reason, after all.

His Family-Oriented Attitude

Despite Charlie’s succinct bad boy phase, he always maintained a good attitude towards his family, especially with his dad. Charlie was always there to lend a helping hand when it came to his family, such as helping save Christmas and assisting his dad in finding his future bride. He was always so kind to his little sister, Lucy, as well. There is nothing more attractive than a guy who’s good with little kids, true fact.

His Infectious Christmas Spirit

Even when Charlie was young, his Christmas spirit echoed to the masses. As an avid lover of the holidays myself, it is refreshing to know that there is a member of the opposite gender who enjoys and embraces the festivities as much as I do, even if he really does not exist. Charlie Calvin, you set the bar high for the future boy I may someday bring home for the holidays.

Title Image Source*