jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall in (love with) Bloomington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Finally, fall has hit Southern Indiana! And it only took until the second week of October. Thankfully, we can whip out the sweaters and start drinking some warm apple cider while walking to class now. But there are even better ways to celebrate fall in our backyard of Bloomington. So, if you’re in need of some activities, here are some of the best ways to enjoy the change of the season:

HeatherWeaver%20via%20photopin%20cc“>

• Pumpkin Picking at the Fowler Pumpkin PatchIf you’re in need of a hay ride and some pumpkins to carve or decorate, Fowler Pumpkin Patch is where you need to go. Open only 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday through Sunday, this place has it all. You can pack a picnic lunch for the day and go hunt the fields for a pumpkin competition with Charlie Brown’s Great Pumpkin. They also have some homemade pies and hayrides for $5! If you’re lucky and make a reservation, you can go on a special sunset hayride at 7 p.m. This is a great date idea or just another fun way to bond with your friends.

polaroid667%20via%20photopin%20cc“>

• “Boo” PeopleSome of us used to do this as kids, but it’s a still nice way to make people smile. Get a group of friends together and make cute Halloween cut-outs, likes ghosts and pumpkins, and attach pieces of candy to it. Then, write a note on the ghost – or whatever – and say something like, “Boo! Happy Halloween! Now it’s your turn to leave treats for five people at their door.” Once you have the note, then you can actually do what it says. You take your treats and pick random houses to ding-dong ditch, but when you ring the bell, you drop the treat on the doorstep and run and hide so that you can watch their reactions. Sometimes, you’ll see how such a small act of kindness makes people incredibly happy. Just make sure to leave the treat!

Photo Credit

I'm a sophomore at Indiana University majoring in English with a concentration in Public and Professional Writing and German, with minors in Marketing and Psychology. I'm a book lover with a bad case of wanderlust.