Extensions are a Girl’s Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

We’ve all looked in the mirror and played with our hair to see what bangs would look like or turned up the ends of our hair to our shoulders to test out a daring bob. Most of us though realize that this is no real way to measure if these hairstyles would actually look good or not. If you’re dying for a change in hairstyle but not ready for the commitment, extensions are a girl’s best friend.

Clip-in Bangs
Most people don’t know about these little wonders but they are a must have for any girl who wants to test out bangs before getting a haircut. The best part about these is that they can be set on different parts of your scalp to create the illusion of either long eyelash-grazing, medium eyebrow-enhancing, or short pin-up style bangs.

Hair Lengthening Extensions
It can seem like an impossible task sometimes when it comes to growing your locks to Kim Kardashian lengths. For any girl who has damaged hair, those who have hair seems to grow at a subatomic pace, or those who have fine,  thin hair that seems impossible to volumize, these clip-in hair pieces add length and body to any do.

Colored/Feather Extensions
Feed your inner punk or hipster! Having a clip-in feather extension on file can be a benefit to any partier who is starving for a random Ke$ha look-alike night or for costume parties on campus. On the other hand though, colored extensions in light pink and light blue are making their way up and down the runway and on the famous heads of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. They are sure to be a hit walking through campus.

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes