Cute and Creative Valentine’s Day Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Tis the season for chocolate, hugs, kisses, and valentines. Valentine’s Day can be held up to such a high standard…not to worry, here are some great ideas that will cause those sparks to fly and leave you with lasting memories. Have fun my lovers!

This movie will surely make you believe in love again. In theaters February 10th this would be a perfect way to start off your Valentine’s Day weekend. Don’t let your date see you drolling of Channing Tatum though! *sigh*

Go somewhere unexpected. Have a romantic dinner or lay underneath the stars. If you can’t be extravagant, turn down the lights and light a couple of candles, it will mean the world regardless.

Alright girls, hint to your guy that a Valentine’s Day breakfast surprise would be the greatest way to start your day together! If he’s a bad cook, just say thank you and take him out to breakfast after!

Lantern making is a Taiwanese tradition. If you want a chance to truly bond with your significant other, here is your opportunity. Create a simple paper lantern, paint it with your wishes for your relationship in the upcoming year, then set the lantern into the sky so your wishes come true.

Kiss in the rain, or if it isn’t raining go to the place where you had your first kiss, the exact place you first met, or where you had your first date. Kiss one another there and then tell each other how your life has benefited from being in each other’s lives.

Valentine’s Day isn’t about the gifts and it isn’t about the extravagant activities that you do. Just revel in the fact that you have an amazing person to spend February 14th with. Completely and utterly commit 24 hours to spending time with one another. You will remember the day by the sweet kisses he gives you and how he wraps his arm around your waist. My greatest suggestion for Valentine’s Day is to simply LOVE and never stop.

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes