Collegiette Major Must-Have: Rain Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

It’s 8 a.m. and the annoying *beep beep beep* coming from your iPhone lets you know it’s time to get up. And although your brand-new iPhone 5 is very smart, there is one thing Siri can’t help you with; the torrential downpour occurring outside. It’s days like these that you refresh your email wondering if class could possibly be cancelled due to excessive rain.

The bad news is that class probably won’t be cancelled. The good news is that with the right pair of rain boots you’ll look cute and stay dry on your way to class. You might even look forward to rainy days!

The Original

www.hunter-boot.com

Never fear, Hunter boots are here. Look around on a rainy day, and chances are you’ll spot a handful of collegiettes sporting Hunter boots. With so many colors and styles to choose from you’ll be able to find the perfect pair for you (and all of your outfits). If you’re going to buy the boots you mine as well invest in a pair of Hunter rain boot socks. Keep it classy with cable knit, spice things up with stripes, unleash your wild side with cheetah… or just buy all of them.

Fun, Flirty, and Hoosier Approved

www.nordstrom.com

As an IU student, cream and crimson are probably a common color scheme in your wardrobe.The bow placed on the side of the boots will give your outfit a flirty, feminine flair. Pair these adorable Mel by Melissa ankle boots with your favorite IU sweatshirt and your favorite jeans and you’ll be ready for class in no time. We hear Cody Zeller loves a girl in a cute pair of red rain boots.

A Little Bit of Color

www.stevemadden.com

These neon rain boots from Steve Madden will brighten up your day in no time. The colored zipper running up the back will catch the attention of every one on campus. Wear an equally vibrant top or bright accessories to complement the splash of color on these stylish boots. You’ll bring a little sunshine to a rainy day.

Walk on the Wild Side

www.keds.com

Keds is making a comeback with these cheetah-licious rain boots. You’ll find any excuse to go outside just so you can wear them. The best part about these boots is that they’ll go with nearly any outfit. Pair them with black leggings and a comfy black sweater for a chic look or throw them on with colored jeans. No matter what you wear them with, these fierce rain boots will have you strutting your stuff all over campus and stomping through puddles like nobody’s business. Work it girlfriend.

Classic Couture

www.nordstrom.com

While these rain boots might cost you a pretty penny, we can assure you that they’re worth all the pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and dollars you’ll spend on them. After spending nearly $200 on a pair of rain boots, you might think you’d be able to walk on water or something, but no, they’re Burberry… that’s better than walking on water. Examine the colors in the boots for inspiration on what to wear with them. Various combinations of red, black, and cream will complete your look.

Did we forget to mention your favorite rain boots? Or do you agree with our list? Let us know!

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes