This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

One of the best parts of the holiday season is settling down by the fire and getting all warm and comfortable to watch your favorite holiday movie with a steaming cup of hot chocolate in hand. Here are some of the most fun and festive films for the holidays!

The Holiday

During the holiday season, two women from England and California decide to trade houses for a week and end up meeting love interests in the process. Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, and Jack Black make the perfect cast for this charming holiday rom-com.

Love Actually

A thoroughly enjoyable British romantic comedy following ten unique, yet all somehow intertwined, stories of people and their relationships during the holiday season in London.

Elf

A classic Christmas comedy featuring a hilarious Will Ferrell as one of Santa’s elves who just found out he was human goes on the hunt to find his biological family in New York City.

The Polar Express 

A touching story about a skeptical boy and various children who board a magical train called the Polar Express that is headed to Santa Clause’s house in the North Pole. The boy has the adventure of a lifetime, meanwhile discovering the power of simply believing.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Another classic Christmas comedy starring Jim Carey as the grumpy Grinch who is intent on “stealing” Christmas from the spirited people of Whoville. The only hope for the redemption of the Grinch is little Cindy Lou Who who tries to cheer him up and help him see the beauty of Christmas again.

Bad Santa

On Christmas Eve conman Billy Bob Thornton and his partner pose as Santa and his Little Helper in order to rob department stores. Problems ensue when Bad Santa becomes friends with a troublesome boy and the security boss uncovers their plot.

Home Alone

The entertaining story of a young boy who must fight off burglars from robbing his home when he is mistakenly left home alone by family as they fly to France for Christmas.

Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

A Christmas classic about a red-nosed reindeer named Rudolph and the journey of how he came to be the leader of Santa’s sleigh-pulling reindeers.

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Charlie Brown decides to become the director of the school Christmas pageant to bring back Christmas spirit when he notices people seem to be concerned with the wrong things. Along the way he encounters struggles, but ultimately learns the true meaning of Christmas.

A Christmas Story

All Ralphie wants for Christmas is a Red Ryder 200-shot BB gun but his parents tell him he’ll shoot his out eye. Good news: he gets it; bad news: he does indeed shoot his eye out. The rest of the movie following Ralphie and his winter adventures is just as entertaining.