Adorable and Delicious Holiday Dessert Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

One of the best parts of the winter and holiday season is baking! Who doesn’t love coming in from the cold to bake some delicious goodies for yourself and your family? But instead of making the usual chocolate chip cookies, brownies and cake, it’s always fun to try new desserts. Here are some ideas for this year’s parties and family get-togethers. The hard part is deciding which to make – they’re all equally tempting!

Reindeer Gingerbread Cookies

Yummy and adorable; a slight variation of the usual gingerbread man cookie.

Swirl Sugar Cookies

These red- and green-swirled sugar cookies are perfect for a cute and simple Christmas treat.

Italian Christmas Cookies

Surprisingly easy to make, you don’t have to be an Italian chef to make these little sprinkled cookies.

Christmas Magic Cookie Bars

All you have to do is add green and red M&Ms to your usual magic cookie bar recipe and voila, Christmas-themed magic cookie bars.

Melting Snowman Oreo Balls

Perfect combo of Oreos and vanilla wafers, these snowmen are so adorable that they’re almost too cute to eat – almost.

Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookies made with cake batter, can anything sound yummier? Add some white chocolate chips as well as red ‘n’ green sprinkles and these cookies are now suitable for Christmas.

Krispie Treat Christmas Trees

These Rice Krispie Treats look so much like Christmas trees that they’re decorations as much as they’re dessert.

Snowmen Pretzels

Fun to make, these pretzels are cute, tasty and perfect for the winter season.

Snowy Chocolate Pinecones

This has winter written all over it. Make these delicious, chocolaty pinecones with pretzels, Chex cereal, Nutella and peanut butter. (Deer figurine optional.)

Holiday Tree Brownies

Simple, yet festive, these holiday brownies are great for a quick, but adorable treat.