5 Must-Do Halloween Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

5 Must-Do Halloween Activities

With Halloween right around the corner, holiday festivities are in full swing.  Whether you are into crafting or just enjoying the holiday, there is a Halloween activity for everyone! Here are the top five activities to do to get you in full Halloween spirit:   

1.     Go to a Pumpkin Patch

Take a trip to your local pumpkin patch with friends and family.  There you can pick pumpkins, go on hay rides, and participate in other fall/Halloween activities. 

2.     Watch a Scary Movie/Halloween-Themed Movie

If you are into scary movies, pop-in Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloween and get ready to be terrified.  If you can’t handle the scary stuff, watch some classic Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus.

3.     Bake Some Halloween Goodies

There are so many cute ideas for Halloween treats that can be found online or in magazines.  Pinterest has easy-to-do recipes and ideas.  You could go the healthy route, making banana-themed-ghosts and orange-themed-pumpkins.  You could also make sweet, creepy treats like cupcakes decorated with spider webs or eyeballs.

4.     Go to a Haunted House

If you want to experience shear terror, find the scariest haunted house around and give it a try…if you dare.  Make sure to bring a couple friends so you don’t have to go through this terrifying, yet thrilling experience all alone.

5.     Get Dressed Up

Everyone knows the best part of Halloween is dressing up!  You can find something in your closet, buy something at Halloween store, or even make the costume yourself.  Be creative and have fun with it!

I am a freshman at the University of Indiana. I love talking about fashion, beauty, relationships, and food!