10 Things We Thought During Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl Performance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

You gotta’ admit, Mother Monster has come a long way from her disco stick and meat dress days. But if there’s one thing that’s held true over the years– it’s her ability to put on a show. So naturally, she pulled out all the stops during the biggest performance of her life at this year’s Super Bowl.

Here are 10 GIFs that perfectly sum up our many emotions experienced during her show-stopping halftime performance.

1. When she appeared standing on top of the stadium looking like the picture perfect queen she is.

2. When she jumped and flew into the crowd resembling an angel that was sent from heaven. 

3. When she flipped around through the air and sounded like pop royalty all at the same time. 

4. When she landed on stage and continued her performance like it was no big deal.

5. When she started singing “Born This Way” and all was right in the world.

6. When she got our hopes up that Beyonce was making a cameo during “Telephone.”​

​7. Then shattered them seconds later. C’mon Gaga, you can’t play with a girl’s heart when it comes to Bey. 

8. When she made it up to us by singing “Just Dance” and we collectively lost our minds.

9. When she thanked her parents mid-song and the world shed a tear of happiness.

10. When she slayed her entire performance and made it practically impossible for any other artist to ever to compete with her.

​Good work, Gaga. You certainly gave us one hell of a show. All hail Mother Monster. 

Title Image Credit*