The Tropics Right at Home

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

So you’re at home for Spring Break, which is not a bad way to spend the week. Sometimes all you really need is being in a blanket burrito for a week binge watching Netflix and catching up on half a semester’s work of sleep. What does suck, however, is not coming back with that Spring Break glow everyone gets from the beach. I am here to tell you how you can look like you went to the beach without the burnout. 

1. There’s nothing wrong with a fake tan if it’s done the right way 

UV tans are really bad for your skin and most spray tans take forever and a day to dry on your skin. Most creams streak unless you use the proper glove to apply them, and even then the constant applying to a sponge and then to your body leaves an uneven and blotchy tan.  Luckily L’Oreal has self-tanning towelettes in a variety of shades. They hydrate your skin and take the guess work of how many pumps of tanning lotions you need in order to get an even looking glow. You can also use them from the comfort of your own home. 

2. Dry Shampoo equals beach waves 

When everyone comes back from the beach everything seems to be effortless, including that wavy hair that we relate so closely to the beach and salt. What if I told you that you could use dry shampoo to achieve the same look? If you don’t brush the product out of your hair entirely and use a brush to create a wavy texture you can get an effortless look without the sand being everywhere else as well. Pssst True Dry Shampoo is a fan-favorite for this. 

3. Pink lips are an easy gain

Lips can get sunburnt easily if you’re not taking care of them properly at the beach. Most people I see come back with a pink glow to their lips or they’re completely destroyed from the sand. Charlotte Tilbury’s Matte Revolution are a quick solution to a very natural pink lip. It’s more os a subtle lip stain, but it will give your face a certain glow that will say “she spent the week somewhere tropical and relaxing.  

I hope these tips help when it comes to giving you a beachy look, but in my opinion, the biggest part of Spring Break is not only taking care of yourself but organizing the rest of your semester. Erin Condren has great planners and markers that will help you tackle the rest of the semester. And hey, if you’re spending the week at home you’ll get a head start on being on track to finish strong and not behind like everyone usually is. 

Ithaca College 2018 • Journalism • International PoliticsI am from the Colombia and the Dominican Republic, have a love for monograms and monochromes. Black is my essence but greys are ok too. http://www.thepucsh.com