Things to do in Ithaca During Fall Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Fall Break is this weekend, and for those of us who are stuck at home because home is too far away, midterms are after the break or Hurricane Mathew is making transportation impossible: here are some things to do over the break right here in Ithaca, New York! Our community is usually buzzing with events, here are some that I found:

October 12: De-Stress Fest! Join the International Club in their post-midterms De-Stress fest! They’ll have cookies and games as well as coloring books and some music. It’ll be a chill way to kick off your Fall Break! It’s in the Ithaca Falls room at 7PM.

October 12: Salsa Night at Agava Every Wednesay, Agava hosts Salsa workshops and then a party. Since it is Latino Heritage Month, they have been focusing on certain countries for the past few weeks. This week, they have a focus on Cuban and African roots. Lessons start at around 8 p.m. and the party kicks off at 10 p.m.! You must be 18 years or older to attend.

October 12: Wednesday Wing Night at The Haunt  There’s nothing better than just chilling with some good wings and friends. From 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., the Haunt has a wings special every Wednesday!

October 12: Reggae Night at The Dock The Dock host Reggae night every Wednesday, it’s a great event to listen to a live band, dance and have a great time. You must be 18 years or older to attend. 

October 13: Sturgill Simpson at The State Theater  On Thursday, Sturgill Simposon will be performing at the State Theater. He is a country rock/alternative singer according to his Wikipedia page. He has three albums to date, so if you’re into the whole indy-country scene you should really check him out.

October 13: Emoji Bowl Thursdays at K-House If you’re over 21, you should head over to the K-House for some Karaoke, amazing Korean food, and $15 dollar emoji bowls (commonly known as Fish bowls).  

October 13: Cine Con Cultura Film Festival Latino Heritage Month is coming to a close and with it comes the end of Cine con Cultura, a Latina American Film Festival. Cinemopolis is hosting one of the last movies Ixcanul: a 2015 Guatemalan drama film written and directed by Jayro Bustamante. The movie starts at 7:15 in Cinemopolis 

October 14: Regina Spektor On Friday, singer Regina Spektor will be performing at the State Theater at 8 p.m. 

October 15: Pet-Expo If you have a puppy or just really want to see puppies and kitties and all sorts of pets, you should check out the Pet-Expo at The Shops at Ithaca Mall this Saturday. From 11-3 there will be a conglomerate of furry friends and pet friendly businesses hanging out in front of the SPCA Annex.

October 15: Salsa night at The Dock: The Dock also hosts Salsa Nights! Come show off your moves from 10 p.m. to 1 p.m.. Must be 18 years or older to attend. 

1,  

Ithaca College 2018 • Journalism • International PoliticsI am from the Colombia and the Dominican Republic, have a love for monograms and monochromes. Black is my essence but greys are ok too. http://www.thepucsh.com