clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

An Open Letter to Ithaca College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Dear Ithaca College,

As my time as an Ithaca College undergrad comes to a close, I have started to look back with fondness and a bittersweet reaction towards graduation and my eventual departure from this weird, little city. While I look forward to the next chapter, an awesome grad school program, and living out my next adventure, I can’t help but think that I wouldn’t be the person I am now if my time here at IC didn’t exist.

I’ve made some incredible, life-long friendships. The type of relationships that have taught me what true friends look like and the unbelievable support and love I’ve gained from them. They helped me learn what I want and need in any relationship as I go forward and for that, I thank IC for providing me with some of my best friends.

I’ve been fortunate enough to be part of an amazing team. We’ve had our ups and downs but we consistently worked hard and helped each other through every amazing season. Drama, early mornings, and long days can be exhausting but being surrounded by a hardworking team and incredible coaches, has allowed me to be an athlete again and for that, I thank IC for re-teaching me what it means to be part of a kickass team.

There have been a lot of eye-opening, life-altering moments during my time at Ithaca College. Freshman year was hard. As in almost-gave up-and-went home hard. Nevertheless, I persisted. I gave IC a second chance and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I figured out the type of person I am and how hard I’m willing to work for the things that mean the most to me. I learned what I value the most and who will always have my back when I need them and for that, I thank IC for giving me an unforgettable four years. I will definitely be back but I’m ready to find my next adventure.

Yours truly,

Katie Palazzo

Class of 2017

PC: 1, 2, 3

Hey ladies! I'm a senior exercise and sports science major at IC. I love writing for HC, riding horses, and long walks on the beach!