Meet the Eboard: Isabella Grullon, Senior Editor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Year: Junior

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Cali, Colombia

Her Campus Ithaca College: Can you explain your role as Senior Editor for Her Campus?

Isabella Grullon: What a senior editor does is look over all the articles for our HerCampus chapter. I look over content, grammar and I make sure everything is all in check. I also get to ocasionally boss people around, which I enjoy.

HCIC: How did you first get involved with Her Campus

IG: One of our current Campus Correspondants, Holly, mentioned the organization to me our freshman year — two years ago now — and I came in as the Events Editor. I was in charge of knowing what was going on on campus and putting it all toegther. After that I started writing more and more for HC and worked my way up.

HCIC: You also write for other publications as well. Can you briefly tell us about your work with them?

IG: The other publications I write for are Buzzsaw Magazine and The Ithacan. Buzzsaw is kind of a wanna-be New Yorker. The ideas they pitch are amazing to work with and it’s more long form features, which I enjoy a lot. I am also a columnist for The Ithacan, our school newspaper. My colum is about international news and international relations.  

HCIC: Why is writing so important to you? What do you see as the goal of your writing?

IG: Writing is important to me because putting thoughts on paper importalizes them. I don’t really have a goal other than to write about things that are important to me and hope that they spark something in someone else. If it doesn’t, I learned something new. 

HCIC: Do you have any words of wisdom for aspiring journalism majors and underclassmen in journalism?

Hi! I'm the Campus Correspondent for Ithaca College's Her Campus chapter and a double major in English and Politics (International Studies). I'm an equestrian, a lover of music and dance, and an aspiring writer and avid reader. While my long term goal is to teach political theory at the college level, I am planning to enter the workforce for a few years hopefully continuing to read, write, and edit. Her Campus has been my home since my freshman year, and it brings me so much joy to continue to write and run our chapter in my last year at school.