Ke$ha’s Surprise Performance with Zedd Inspires Us All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Coachella has sadly come to an end, but one of the highlights of this year’s music festival was definitely Ke$ha’s surprise performance. She emerged on stage with Zedd to sing “True Colors” from his 2015 LP. Dressed in all black, she was breathtaking as she sang the lyrics, “I won’t apologize for the fire in my eyes / Let me show you my true colors.”

Earlier in the year, Zedd tweeted his support for the pop sensation with an offer to help produce her music. Following the Coachella performance, he turned to Twitter once again, expressing his gratitude for her joining him on stage. 

Her emotional performance spoke to the pain and struggles she endured during the recent legal battle with Dr. Luke. Coachella-goers certainly understood her message: she will continue to persevere and stand up for what she believes in. Among the many star-studded surprise performances this year, Ke$ha’s strength stood out as truly inspirational.

1,2

Ithaca College 2018. Integrated Marketing Communications.