This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Year: Sophomore 

Major: Television Radio

Hometown: Wilmington, Delaware

Instagram: @jackkempner

On Campus Activities: ICTV, Intramural Sports

HerCampus Ithaca College: How did you become part of ICTV?

Jack Kempner: My brother went here and was pretty involved and his girlfriend was the station manager, so signing up for shows was a no-brainer. This year I decided I wanted to try on-air positions, so I auditioned and I got on Hold That Thought, which I actually produced last year.

HCIC: How did it feel when Hold That Thought won the CBI Award?

JK: We were finalists for the CBI last year when I produced, which was pretty cool, but this felt a lot better because I feel like I’m one of the faces of the show and I almost feel like this makes me more responsible for this award, even though my name was on the last one. Also, Emmy is a much more recognizable name than CBI, so it’s easier to tell people.

HCIC: Which is your favorite show to work on?

JK: Hold That Thought. I love talking about sports, and getting to do it on TV just makes it that much more fun.

HCIC: What would your dream job be?

JK: Unrealistically, an NFL Quarterback, but realistically, I want to direct sports television, mainly football.

HCIC:What is the best part of ICTV?

JK: The fact that you can do just about anything, whether it’s behind the scenes or in front of the camera. You really don’t need experience, and it’s honestly the best place at this school to learn.

HCIC: What’s your favorite place to eat in Ithaca?

JK: The Flying Squirrel sub from Italian Carry Out is my favorite food, so I guess that’s my favorite place. Taco Bell at 2:30 in the morning is a close second.

HCIC: Why did you decide to come to Ithaca College?

JK: The Park School. I wanted to do television radio, and it was the closest place with a great program.

HCIC: If you were an animal what would you be?

JK: A liger. It’s pretty much my favorite animal. It’s like a lion and a tiger mixed. Bred for its skills in magic.

Elizabeth is an avid Panera eater/dog lover from Middletown, New Jersey. She has never pumped gas a day in her life and plans to keep it that way. She is currently pursuing a major in Integrated Marketing Communications, but only until Mark McMorris realizes that she's his soulmate. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @lizzygulino