This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

As a college student, by now you should have learned that coffee is essential to your every day life. Not only does it keep you going through that dreaded 8 a.m. lecture, it also tastes like heaven and is a great pick-me-up. Here in Ithaca we are lucky to be in a coffee hot spot. Most of the cafés and coffee shops brew their own coffee right here in Ithaca using fair trade and organic coffee beans from across the world. Check out some of my favorite stops:

1. Ithaca Coffee Company

This is hands down the best coffee that I have EVER tasted. With locations on North Triphammer Road as well as East Green Street, the cafés are easily accessible to students and locals alike. My favorite coffee is definitely the Ithaca House Blend. This wonderful place does not stop at coffee though, they also sell local beer and a wide selection of artisan cheeses. This place is no joke! Go right now.

2. Gimme! Coffee

A favorite of Ithaca College students due to their distinct foam art. Gimme was founded in Ithaca in 2000 and now has seven different locations across the state. Their main focuses are connecting with the farmers they work with as well as promoting sustainable practices. The cappuccinos are like no other here, what’s holding you back?

3. Cayuga Coffee  (found at Ithaca Bakery or Collegetown Bagels)

Named after our lovely finger lake! Cayuga Coffee is not actually ground in Ithaca, but in Massachusetts through a partnership with fair trade coffee roaster Equal Exchange. This coffee is sold primarily at the delicious Ithaca Bakery and Collegetown Bagel locations found scattered throughout Ithaca. My absolute favorite coffee beverage to order is a mochaccino, every coffee needs a little chocolate. But while you’re there why not order a bagel sandwich too? 

4. Unwind Café

Unlike most of the other café’s in Ithaca, Unwind islocated in the mall, not in the Ithaca Commons. However, this does not take away their originality. Not only do they serve coffee drinks, but they also have a wide variety of homemade deserts. So stop in while you are shopping and grab a scrumptious brownie and a caramel latte to keep you going.

5. Starbucks

Everyone’s go to café. With locations seemingly everywhere, how can you go wrong with a trip to Starbucks? They are always so consistent and always make your beverage the way you’d like it. In Ithaca, there are starbucks sprinkled across our campus as well as Downtown. Since it is now October, nothing can stop you from going and ordering that Pumpkin Spice Latte that you have been dreaming about.

5. Dining hall Sodexo coffee

An Ithaca College student’s absolute last resort when in search of a cup of coffee should be the dining hall. Although Sodexo tries to lure you in by providing flavored coffee like hazelnut and French vanilla, do not fall for their trap. Get off campus, do some exploring and drink some good coffee. You deserve it. 

Hi! I'm currently a sophomore journalism major, sports psychology minor at the gorges Ithaca College. In addition to Her Campus, I'm also a member of the Model United Nations team, the club soccer team as well as a writer for Buzzsaw Magazine and The Ithacan weekly newspaper. I'm originally from Plattsburgh, NY (basically Canada) and I love winter. I have two dogs named Chloe & Cooper who think that they're humans. And I am a chocoholic.