8 Tips to Make The Most of Fall Break

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Fall Break is perhaps one of the most anticipated events of the semester for us Bombers (…especially since Cortaca won’t be a home game this year). We of course look forward to Thanksgiving vacation just like any other college students, but Fall Break is special. Not every school has one, and it’s right after midterms. This glorious four-day weekend is an absolute essential for us to get our heads back in the game and finish up the semester on a positive note,  but did you know that you can make it even better? That’s right, we’ve got you covered with the best tips to maximize this mini vacation and come back to campus fully recharged: 

1. Treat yo’ self 

If there’s one thing you should be doing over Fall Break, it’s treating yourself. After a grueling week of midterms, you deserve some “me time”, so break out your best face masks (shop our favorites here) and get ready to relax. You might be planning on doing some major catch up work during this break, but we promise a few minutes of unwinding will serve you well in the long run. Plus, your skin will be flawless!

2. Restock your medicine cabinet

Fall Break is a great time to restock your medicine cabinet for the rest of the semester. It seems like everyone in Ithaca has been sick lately, so there’s surely a few things that need to be replaced. Don’t forget to stock up on intimate care items like MONISTAT® either, which are so often forgotten by college women! It’s always better to be safe than sorry. 

You might also want to consider trying a new form protection during “that time of the month”. You can avoid all of the hassle of other feminine products and cross one item off of your (monthly) medicine cabinet restock list by investing in The Diva Cup. The Diva Cup allows you to go 12 hours leak-free, and eliminates the need to buy any other menstrual products.

No matter what you decide though, Fall Break is a great time to think about these things while classes and other college stressors are on pause. 

3. Try a new look

Not only can trying some new makeup tricks be fun, but they can also help you look fresh for any upcoming spring internship interviews too! Definitely try Rimmel London’s 24HR Supercurler Masca, Colour Precise Eyeliner, or The Only 1 Lipstick for a bold new look. 

4. Evaluate your safety

Though this tip isn’t much fun, it’s important. With all that’s happening in the world today, staying safe needs to be a priority in every young adult’s life. Luckily Wearsafe tags make alerting loved ones as easy as pressing a button. With the ability to send your selected contacts your location and the context of the situation through continuous audio stream, you can feel more confident in your everyday life. 

P.S. Wearsafe is holding an awesome contest, where they’ll be giving away an all-expenses paid adventure of a lifetime. Enter here

5. Update your wardrobe

Updating your wardrobe is a classic Fall Break activity. If you have a little extra time and money, shopping can be a great stress reliever and motivator once you’re back on campus. After all, how can you show off your new clothes if you don’t show up to class? We’re loving these Sheer Energy Sheer Panties for a dressier look (perfect for your final presentation), or you could spice it up underneath it all with a new bra from Maidenform. Not sure what you’re wearing to Cortaca yet? Check out these school spirit oriented options here

6. Start a new health kick

By now, those beginning of the semester health goals have probably broken down. Do you even remember what they were? One of the easiest, yet most neglected, ways to start prioritizing your health is by drinking more water. All you need is a fun new water bottle, and getting your 64 oz. per day will be effortless before you know it. If you’re not sure what direction to go in, opt for a bottle from CamelBak, because it can hold both cold and hot liquids. This is perfect for your daily water intake and your nighttime warm water with lemon, which can help detoxify — especially after a cheat meal or two!

7. Find a new scent

If you’re already jazzing up your wardrobe and experimenting with new makeup looks, you might as well find a new signature scent as well. Coming back from Fall Break with a new style can be fun and spontaneous, so don’t be afraid to test out this Juicy Couture perfume that we love!

8. Read a good book

Though a lot of these Fall Break tips advise you on how to prepare for the second half of the semester, it’s also important to remember to relax. Try to put all electronics away for a few hours over the next few days and pick up a good book. 

Not sure what to read? Try Adulthood is a Myth or The Roommate Book for some good, light-hearted relaxation!

Holly is a 20-something-year-old travel and lifestyle blogger (http://hollyhabeck.com) based in New York. She’s a Hufflepuff, and her Starbucks order forever remains a grande Iced Sweet Cream Cold Brew. When she’s not writing or editing photos for this site, you can find her watching The 100 with her fiancee and cuddling with her chihuahua x pomeranian pup Pixie.