samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Times the Office Perfectly Described Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Finals week. The two words college students never, ever want to hear in the same sentence. And unfortunately, at the end of the day, no matter how much time we spend laying out on the Quads, talking up Kendall Day and ultimately procrastinating, nothing can quite ease the pain of five or six finals hitting us like a ton of bricks. That being said, we’re all in this together *cue High School Musical soundtrack*, and it’s pretty much guaranteed that we’ve all felt these emotions or encountered these situations at some point during our time at IC. So, here’s a little humor to get you through and help you realize you are not alone in coping with the most horrific week of the semester:

1. That Final Presentation No One Prepared For

We’ve all been there. You’re sitting in the audience watching one of your fellow academics give their final presentation, and you come to the conclusion that they legitamately did not practice their speech at all. They’re talking in circles, and you wonder if anyone else notices, or if they’ve completely stopped listening. They probably have. But hey, most of us are doomed to have at least one of these presentations during our time at college, so give ’em a break. 

2. Stress Eating

If you’re looking for a cheat day week, now’s a good time. Sometimes we need an extra little something to get us through that all nighter, and that’s okay! As Michael Scott says, it’s never too early (or late) for ice cream. 

3. That Professor Who’s Never Satisfied

We all know that one professor who’s absolutely, never ever satisfied. No matter what you do, how many times you go to his/her office hours, you’re just not going to get an A. Take a deep breath, and know that it’ll all be over soon. And what’s more? You can unleash all of your dissatisfaction when course evaluations role around. 

4. When Someone Asks You What You Want To Do With Your Life, Now That You’re One Step Closer To Graduation 

Enough said, right?

5. Foregoing Studying for Kendall Day

There’s a reason Kendall Day is always the Saturday before finals week. Everyone needs a good break and, as Michael Scott would put it, sometimes you just gots to get your freak on, especially before a long week of exams. 

6. When You’re Finally Sitting Down to Take the Exam

Keep calm, and know that you and your peers are in the very same boat. It may have sprung a leak and gradually be sinking, but it’s the same boat nonetheless. There’s really nothing you can do at this point besides eenie meenie miney moe the multiple choice and B.S. the short answer. Just know that that dude that sits next to you is probably doing the same thing, no matter how legitimate his brave face may seem. 

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor! 

PC: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Holly is a 20-something-year-old travel and lifestyle blogger (http://hollyhabeck.com) based in New York. She’s a Hufflepuff, and her Starbucks order forever remains a grande Iced Sweet Cream Cold Brew. When she’s not writing or editing photos for this site, you can find her watching The 100 with her fiancee and cuddling with her chihuahua x pomeranian pup Pixie.