There is a Woman Who Always Believe in You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Since forever, our lives are surrounded by women. A woman gave you birth, a woman took care of you, a woman encouraged you, a woman made you completely happy; even when she was a little bit annoying. So today, shout out to all women that are always behind you, supporting you, encouraging you, and taking care of you.

Maybe you are wondering who these women are and I’m going to show you mine because in a lot of ways they were and are the pillars of my life, my favorite women in the world.

1. Doña Iris, My Grams

This beautiful old lady has taught me that I can do whatever I want if I work for it. This started when I was a child and tried to teach her to write and read. She tried but always said that she was too old to try. I am a very persuasive girl so I tried every day and she finally was able to write a few simple words for daily use. I was thrilled because she learned. My grams tried to teach me how to cook but everyone knows I am obstinate about that; but all I can say is what she always told me “Cacalí you are going to be amazing when you are a grown woman.”Today, she is no more in physical presence because Doña Iris became my favorite angel in the world and I really thank her for always believing in me, for accepting me the way I was, for being the most important human to our family and for teaching us that family must be together in joy and sorrow.

1. Tía Milly & Tía Cucú, My Aunties

What can I say about these lovely women? They are there for me since I was in my mom’s belly (I know this from the family histories). They are the ones who took me shopping for all of my girly stuff. They don’t have a lot of luck with me because I’m a wild spirit who hates shopping and girly stuff but we enjoy going together and learn about each other. They are always watchful of my education, encouraging me to pursue all my crazy ideas, celebrating my good grades and helping me deal with my bad ones. In summary, they are my other mothers and I love them as my aunts, as mothers and as friends.

1. Aviance, My Stepmom

As all stepdaughter/mother relationships, we had a LOT of differences and bad moments, but that is not the case today. Here is the woman who gave me the most special gifts of my life; my siblings. She can be really obstinate but in some ways she is here encouraging me with all the “you are an example and role model for your siblings” stuff and I think she’s doing the right thing. So thanks for being part of my life.

1. The One and Only, Liz, Mami ​

When you talk about mothers there is always a huge way to speak about them and all of us think our mom is special but hey, my mom IS AMAZING. SHE IS BEYOND PERFECTION.She is a very intelligent woman, if she does not know something, she looks for the way to learn about it. She is always here for me, even when I am a really bad person who hurts her feelings. She is the one who taught me most of what I know. She failed with only one thing: teaching me how to cook because she is the best cook but I am a complete mess. She has not yet lost her faith that someday I will learn to cook. There are days that I do not see my mom because she is working and I am at college, or at work, and when I get back home she is sleeping. When this happens I feel homesick because I am a mamma’s girl. All the way through. – We enjoy our time together with girly movies with a lot of crying; this is our favorite hobby. I love mothering her with silly jokes because she gets mad really easy, just like I do. My mom is the best woman in the world. She left things behind to make me happy. I admire her deeply because she can be a mom and woman at the same time. My mom is always there for me in the good times, celebrating my goals and achievements in life but she is there in the really bad moments when I have a broken heart or when listening all my drama after a really stressful day. No matter the place on earth that she is at, my mom can fix anything and make me feel comfortable. Even in my hard times in college with finals and all my other stuff, she offers her help and stays awake all night to make sure that I finish my work. So mom, don’t forget you are the best human in the world, my role model, my best friend and my crazy, annoying and favorite woman. I love you.

So please don’t forget to be thankful for all the women in your life, because they deserve the best. If you have the opportunity right now please go, look for your favorite woman and give her a hug, a kiss and lovely words for all the amazing work they have done. Because if it were not for them you would not be where you are now.

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥