3 Things That Will Change in Your Phone When You’re in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

You’ve been told so many times that college changes people; bet you’ve never heard that college changes phones, have you?

Sure, no matter how many times you’ve been told that college changes everything, you don’t actually believe that “everything” includes your phone, but it does. Here were taking a look at all the things that you will experience via your phone in the journey of college.

1.) Mail App

Chances are that you only use your email for two things:

• To create your social media accounts
  • For all the college paperwork you rather do online

Or at least that was my case, when I was still in high school. But once you get to college you’ll learn that your email is everything now.

This is now where you send most of your work to your professors, where you read about all campus activities and responsibilities, also where you communicate with any of your classmates with your classmates that you don’t want on your social media.

Believe me, if you didn’t really used your email before, you will now.

• Extra Tip: Create a new email, that doesn’t include your socials or the stuff you usually ignore. It’ll make easier to sort your new mails that way.

2.) Calendar App

Sure maybe you already use this to sort your school work now (and if you don’t, you should), but now is when things really get complicated.

College’ schedules are no joke, and you have to keep track of what classes you take what days. You’ll also learn that just because you take a class on Thursdays, it doesn’t mean that your professor may make you wake up a Friday for a special lab or activity.

So now you’ll start to see a new pattern in this app, and it will all seem like a really big mess between your classes’ homework, associations’ activities or meetings and your personal stuff.

• Extra Tip: Connect your calendar app with your new email, so you can create a dedicated calendar and keep it separate from your personal stuff.

3.) Notes App

You can’t find a laptop or desktop to do that essay on time? Guess what: Notes on your phone is your new best friend for that (I even wrote this on the Notes App in iPhone). All you have to do is send you notes to your (yup, you’ve guessed it) email and you can either send it to you professor or the printer. Possibilities are endless. If you ignored this app before, you won’t anymore.

In the end there so much more that’s about to change, other than your phone. If you’re feeling scared of all these changes that are about to come: don’t be. 

You will conquer this journey the same way you will get used to the changes in your phone. You got this! 

Good luck! ♥

Adamaris is a Visual Arts major student with a concentration in Graphic Design and a minor in English Literature. Her interests include film and cinema, drawing , writing , poetry, photography, women studies and the environment.
Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥