Your Top 10 Gym Bag Checklist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Even though the warm weather is starting to fade, the motivation to workout should still be there. The ARC and CRCE are continuously crowded with students aiming to get in (We can’t get enough of the fun dance classes). Get on board the working out craze! Grave your friends and jump on a treadmill for the ultimate stress buster. Before you take the bus to get to the gym, you have to make sure you are prepared for anything your workout might throw at you. We recommend putting together a gym bag so you can grab it every time the workout bug bites. We rounded up 10 gym bag essentials for every healthy collegiate!

1. Sturdy Bag

Before we get into what to put into your bag, you need a solid bag as your foundation! The size of your gym bag should depend on what you want to bring to the gym. Bringing a yoga mat? Stick with a rectangular bag. Planning on bringing your own weights? Grab a cute duffle.

2. Deodorant 

This one is self-explanatory. We recommend a 24-hour stank buster, because let’s face it, sometimes we forget. 

3. Socks

Don’t be THAT girl in your yoga class who forgets to bring socks. Pick out ones that are moisture wicking so your piggies can stay fresh after a class full of poses.

4. Water Bottle

Staying hydrated is essential. Be a tree-hugger and pick up a dishwasher safe, reusable water bottle.

5. Snacks

Workouts can cause you to get the munchies. Pack some almonds or a nutritional bar to reap all the benefits of your sweat sesh.

6. Dry Shampoo

Let’s be honest, we are busy collegiates and sometimes we don’t have time to wash out our blowouts after a workout. A dry shampoo can be your best friend!

7. Headbands

It can be seriously annoying when your mane is in your face when you’re on the elliptical. Get your hair off your forehead with a neon pop of color.

8. Headphones

Some people listen to pop, some people listen to rap and some people listen to country. No matter what you listen to, make sure you’re following gym etiquette.

9. Makeup Wipes

We admit it. We are guilty of wearing makeup to Zumba. A quick swipe of a hydrating makeup wipe can get a day’s worth of makeup off our eyelashes.

10. Sports Bra

The remedy for a sweaty used sports bra is always having a clean fresh pair on you! Pack one that works with most of your after workout clothes! 

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.