Spring in the Season with a Fresh Complexion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Spring break is just around the corner. Whether you’re going to a beach or somewhere in the mountains, here are two makeup looks to help you achieve your perfect complexion.

The Nude Look

This au naturale look gives offers sheer coverage and uses minimal products to give you a healthy and glowing complexion. The best part is that it’s low-maintenance and fast as well!
1) Start by using a tinted moisturizer or BB cream to moisturize and even out your skin tone. New York City makeup artist Polly Osmond suggests using a darker hue than your natural skin tone to add warmth to your look.

2) Conceal your flaws. If you have pimples, dab concealer on your troubled areas first and build coverage by adding thin layers; a little will go a long way, so don’t use too much. For undereye circles, dab a few dots of concealer under your eyes and blend it by using a finger.

3) Pick lip gloss or a tinted balm. A gloss or tinted lip balm will add color to your lips and complete your natural look.

Tip: Using bronzer is an easy to way to amp up your look; it can be used to contour your cheekbones and face.

The Dollface Look

If you love pink, you’ll adore this girly look! The Dollface look showcases rosy cheeks, pink lips, and long eyelashes (just think of a porcelain doll). This look is also easy to replicate and will help you get in touch with your femininity.

Step 1) Pick your foundation, concealer, and mattifying powder. Pick your level of coverage with these products, which will vary depending on your skin type. If you have oilier skin, invest in a little more mattifying powder on your T-zone, and blend concealer wherever it is needed.

Step 2) Blush. Choose a bold pink blush that will make your cheeks stand out. Try using Benefit’s Benetint, which doubles as a blush and lip stain.

Step 3) Complete your look with Mascara. Use at least 3-4 coats to lengthen your lashes and add volume. Pick one that doesn’t clump, like Maybelline’s Great Lash Mascara.

There you have it; have fun experimenting with these two looks!
You’ll look fabulous in no time :)