This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Spring is all about a fresh start, so why not start fresh in your own life? College living can sometimes feel cramped and dirty, so living and working in a clean space is beneficial in many aspects. Here are some tips to make the most of your spring cleaning!

1. Revamp Your Closet

As college students, closet space is limited and it’s important to prioritize your clothing. A helpful trick is to hang all of your shirts on hangers facing the opposite way and as you wear them, turn the hanger around. This gives you a visual representation of what you do and do not wear. Clothes that you don’t wear can be donated or given to friends, freeing up space for your spring wardrobe!

2. Clean Your Makeup Brushes

Keeping your makeup brushes clean is one of the most important things you can do for your skin if you wear makeup. Brushes can be a breeding ground for bacteria and in turn, can cause acne. All you need is warm water and gentle soap to save your skin from breakouts.

3. Open Your Windows

Dorms can become stuffy during the winter months, and opening up the windows when it gets warm out is a nice way to get some fresh air. Opening a window will also significantly reduce the amount of indoor air pollutants, allowing you to breathe easier.

4. Put Things Where They Belong

We all have that one chair to pile clothes on to avoid putting them away. Actually take the time to go through and organize your room and put things where they’re supposed to go. It’s a lot easier to work in a clean space than a messy one.

Photo 1  | Photo 2  | Photo 3 | Photo 4  

Meghan Kelly

U Mass Amherst

UMass Amherst. Economcs/Journalism. The Breakfast Club. Coffee. Wine. Good books. Simplicity.
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.