With only a month left of school, it’s odd to think that my four years at U of I are quickly coming to an end. For you seniors, I’m sure you can agree that it seems like only yesterday that we were dropped off at our dorms, went through recruitment, met our friends for life, studied abroad and moved into senior land for our last year. In my opinion, senior year has been the best year so far but there are still plenty of things that I want to do before I graduate. I’ve come up with a list of 20 things that I need to do before I graduate and asked a few of my friends for their input, as well. Regardless of if you’re ending your freshman year or about to enter the real world, this list below will ensure your last month on campus is one to remember.
1. “Go on a barcrawl of all the obscure bars in Champaign, like Tumble Inn and Ice House.” – Amy Wheeler
2. Go on a float trip at Kickapoo with all of your friends.
3. “Go to the Ebert Fest. It’s a four-day movie festival in downtown Champaign. I’m a Broadcast Journalism major and I’m really interested in the media aspect of it. It would also be a fun thing to do with my friends before the end of the year.” –Gina Chinino
4. Go bowling at the Union bowling alley.
5. Drink in the Japanese Garden.
6. “See the drag show at C Street.” –Stephanie Newman
7. Go to a wheelchair basketball game.
8. Ding dong ditch fraternity houses after the bars one night.
9. Try to get into one of the buildings on the quad after dark.
10. “Spend a whole day on the quad (villa Borghese style). The U of I quad is the epitome of ‘college’ to me, and nothing would be better than spending a sunny day relaxing and reflecting on it with friends, a book, speakers and drinks.” –Timmy Knudsen
11. Go to a concert at Assembly Hall or Canopy Club.
12. Climb the Alma Mater.
13. “Eat a Sorostitute sandwich from Fat Sandwich.” –Anna Smith
14. Join the mug club at Illini Inn.
15, Pull an all-nighter and walk to Merry Ann’s at sunrise.
16. “Live action role play on the quad. And eat Long John Silver’s.” –Alex Dardi
17. Sneak into the ARC after bar close and go swimming.
18. Barcrawl in downtown Champaign.
19. Sneak into Memorial Stadium.
20. “Have a beer at every bar on campus in one night.” –Anna Witek