Raim Izhar and Felix Boeschen, Co-Creators of “LifeRewards Club”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

This week, we interviewed Raim Izhar and Felix Boeschen, co-creators of an app called “LifeRewards Club.” This app sets to help college students at UIUC manage their well-being.

What is your year in school and major?

Raim: I’m a senior majoring in Civil Engineering and minoring in Business.

Felix:  I’m a senior studying Finance and Accounting.

Where are you from?

Raim: I’m from Livingston, New Jersey.

Felix: I’m from Naperville.

What does this app consist of?

• A Lifestyle Tracker: Our lifestyle tracker allows users to track the number of steps they take, distance travelled, flights climbed, calories burned and sleep without the need of additional technology.
  • Unique “Rewards System”: Our rewards program provides rewards to users in the form of discounts for various activities from partner companies in relation to their lifestyle performance.
  • Educational Toolkit: The educational toolkit features informational articles on living healthy and feature our partner companies. This is the portion of our app which we would be able to showcase Spoon University articles.

Raim: The rewards system is great, because it gives users coupons to healthy restaurants and shops in the area. College students discounts are powerful motivation, especially on products that tend to be slightly more expensive (because they are better quality and better for your body).  Some of the partnered businesses include Strawberry Fields, Neutral Cycle and Which Wich.

Were there any issues in development?

Raim: Nothing really major, but overall, things just took a lot longer than we initially planned for.

What do you feel was the best part of working on this project?

Raim: The best part would have to be seeing something start as an idea and watching it turn into a finished product.

Why did you want to create this app?

Raim: We noticed living a healthy lifestyle got really expensive really quickly because with healthy eating, supplements, and gym memberships, it really adds up. So we figured why not reward people for living healthy and make it cheaper for them at the same time.”

A lot of thought and time has gone into the production of this app. Raim said that their mission is to “incentivize a healthy lifestyle for all,” which is something we can all support. If you are interested in the app, it is available for iOS HERE! If you are an Android user, no worries, they’re already working to get it to you, too!