A Pop Of Pastels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Spring brings about many new things including enjoyable weather, livelihood in the streets and birds chirping that might wake you up sooner than you wish. My favorite thing that spring delivers is the endless fashion styles. One of the most adored styles for this spring is pastels. I could not think of a better way to describe spring without a palette of shades like lilac, spearmint and peach. Pastels are more than just a color; they are a precursor that spring is ahead and that the long, cold winter is behind us. They provoke us to look forward to what Mother Nature has in store for us. 

These soft springtime shades are featured in many collections. One of the greatest things about this trend is that it gives you the opportunity to choose which pastel color looks most flattering on you and lets you fashion that color with any style. Pastels are a very versatile trend, which is one of the reasons why they are such hot commodities for the spring season.

Pastels are usually thought of to come hand-in-hand with the adjective “pretty” and create a very ladylike portrayal on women. But don’t let the past confuse you; I am here to give you the up-to-date fashion trends for pastels that have shifted from something familiar to something styled on bomber jackets, backpacks and even loafers.

ASOS Fashion Finder names pastels as one of their biggest trends for the spring. They use these colors to create a more masculine, office look. They pair many different, unique pieces together to create looks that are sure to keep you fabulous and fresh. On the site, the women’s fashion picks are pastel tailored outfits including blazers, trousers and sleeveless tops. They take a different approach in fashioning this desired spring trend. Below you can see the endless possibilities featured on http://fashionfinder.asos.com.

Or, you can decide to go a different route and play up your pastel pieces in the well-renowned feminine and classic manner. Again, you are faced with countless choices of what style to display with this ladylike look. Just for starters, you could try a flowy skirt, knee-length dress or even a blazer.

The only difficulty you will be faced with is choosing which pastel color to rock first. However, there really is no wrong way! Get creative with it; let your fashion sense do all the work while you have others envying your chic taste. Check out this style presented on ASOS Fashion Finder.

Pastels are a timeless trend that have been around for many centuries, but somehow they repeatedly make their way back on the biggest trends list for the spring season. Fashion just can’t get rid of this mesmerizing trend. The options are endless and are left up to you to decide which pastel colors will be on your spring palette.