This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

It’s the middle of February and there is no end in sight for winter. Between freezing on the walk to class and sliding down ice-ridden sidewalks, it’s safe to say everyone is yearning for warmer weather. But, until those glorious spring days arrive, here are some winter life hacks to help you survive the frozen tundra that is campus!

Layers

Dressing in layers is a must because you want to be warm while you walk to class but you don’t want to melt when you enter a building. This way you can be comfortable throughout your day and adapt to the different classrooms you’re in. Plus, it allows you to break out your favorite scarves and hats (might as well embrace it). Check out “8 Fashion Must-Haves for Winter on Campus” to coordinate your winter look!

The Cut-Through

Have no shame, cutting through buildings to get a break from the harsh cold during walks is a lifesaver. Even if it might take longer to get where you’re going, at least you’ll be warmer which is the ultimate end goal. Plus, being able to minimize getting wind-burnt makes your day significantly better.

Wool Everything

Wool keeps you warm like no other, and if you’re going to invest in a winter staple make it wool socks. They’ll keep your feet warm which will make you much warmer. Getting wool scarves, sweaters, and hats also provides you with the the warmth you need!

Hot Drinks

Having a hot cup of coffee or tea will warm you up quickly! So have a cup of coffee to keep you warm before your walk to class or bring one with you to class. Getting a thermos also helps because it can double as a hot drink and soup container for you daily needs.

Cozy Space

Even with all these hacks, winter storms can still take a lot out of you. So, coming home to a cozy space can make any miserably cold winter day so much better. Just get lots of blankets, candles, hot chocolate and cuddle up with your favorite Netflix show to relax. That is the best part of winter!

Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4

I'm a Journalism major at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. My passion is writing and I hope to do so for the rest of my life ~
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.