Lauren Mroz, Newest President of Illini Pride

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Lauren Mroz is HC Illinois’ Campus Celebrity of the week! As a sophomore in broadcast journalism with a love of sports, Lauren is basically the Erin Andrews of Illinois. She was also recently elected the new President of Illini Pride…definitely a true campus celeb with tons of spirit to spare!

HC: Tell us a little bit about yourself!

LM: Hi! I am from Arlington Heights, Illinois, and I’m a sophomore in Journalism, focusing on Broadcast. I am working towards working professionally as a sports broadcaster/sideline reporter. I have always loved sports, which is why I am so passionate about making sports a part of the rest of my life.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

LM: On campus, I work as an on-air reporter for Fighting Illini Productions and a broadcaster for Big Ten Student U. I love working with these two organizations. I am also heavily involved in Illini Pride– the student-run RSO for every student section for Illini sports. We are also a very philanthropic organization. I am very excited that next year I will be the President of Illini Pride. We are in the final steps of putting together the rest of our Exec Board for next year. We have selected a lot of very qualified and very passionate members for next year’s board. I think we are all going to work very well together and make Illini Pride even better than it already is. I’m so excited to see all that we can put together in the next year to bring so much more school spirit to this campus.

HC: What are your goals post graduation?

LM: After graduation, I plan on working my hardest to fulfill my dream of becoming a sideline reporter for ESPN or CBS. I also love working with public relations and would be love to work for a professional sports team, preferably basketball. I, of course, want to start a family of my own and hopefully live somewhere close to Chicago.  

HC: ESPN I hope you’re reading this! Follow along on Lauren’s amazing journey on her blog: www.laurenmroz.blogspot.com