How To Get That Perfect Summer Body In Only A Few Weeks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As the days start to get longer and the temperature starts rising, we all know one thing is coming: bathing suit season. Some of you may feel happy and excited to lay out in the sun for hours on end in a tiny bikini, while others of you may immediately start regretting all the Goy Veys from Cracked you’ve been consuming lately.

So, whether you’re exited for or dreading bikini season, it’s time to start thinking about your health. Our bodies have been in hibernation season for months after this brutal winter, so now it’s time to get our Collegiette butts back into action! I have a few tips that will help you lose that extra weight in just a few weeks!

My first tip involves a lot of self-control. Although it won’t be easy, it’s time to cut out all of the sweets, chips and Chipotle. In my opinion, the way to lose weight is by dieting the right way.

When people think about losing weight, they automatically think of eating less. DON’T DO THIS. Not only does it not work, but in most cases, people actually gain weight. Dieting the right way means consuming all of your necessary calories while eating healthy. It’s time to cut out all the grease and fried foods and start replacing it with greens and fruits.

My second tip is to start getting active! I know we’ve all been lazy because of the brutal winter and can’t even imagine working out with finals coming up, but it’s a necessity! In order to shed that extra weight we’ve been carrying since Unofficial, we have to do at least 30 minutes of cardio each day.

If you’re like me, then you would agree that running sounds painful and too time consuming. While studying for finals, you should download a zumba or boxing video and then work out in your room during a study break! Regardless of wanting to get your bikini body ready, it’s so important that we get our 30 minutes of cardio each day.

So, since summer is almost here, it’s time to start putting more effort into our health. Having the perfect body in summer is obviously a key goal for most of us, but not only will these steps help you lose weight, but they will also increase your health status significantly. Working out and eating healthy will ensure you to drop the extra weight you’ve been holding onto. I swear, if you are on a strict diet and continue to work out, you will obtain the body you’ve been dreaming about for summer. Good luck ladies!