This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

When I think about dressing for the holidays, the first thing that comes to mind is layering.  It’s always cold outside and my relatives’ house is unpredictably hot or cold with no in-between.  You really do need to be prepared for anything.

This eyelet black blouse is great since it isn’t as heavy as a sweater.  If it’s hot, I will be totally fine in this blouse but it offers some more warmth than just a cap sleeve blouse.  I think the eyelet and mini bell sleeve makes this blouse feminine and very classy for the holidays.  This dress is something to be worn all year round but then you throw a plaid scarf over, it looks like a perfect holiday outfit!

J. Crew has the most adorable plaid scarfs.  I was gifted this one for Christmas last year and it is amazing.  I love the predominant white that makes it pop on the black blouse.  The outfit was easily completed with high rise grey jeans and some super comfortable black booties!  Do any of you struggle with heat or chilliness in your relatives houses over the holidays?

Shop the post below!

Top (similar) | Scarf | Jeans | Booties (similar) | Headband | Watch | Necklace

You can see that is is very easy to turn an outfit into one for the holidays.  There is no need to stress and run to the mall to find something perfect.  I am sure you have things in your closet that could work.  If you don’t, run out to the mall and just buy a plaid scarf!

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.