The Best Ways to Survive the Holidays

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

As the holidays are quickly approaching, here are a few ideas for Secret Santa, grab bags, or any present to give to family and friends! These Winter Her Campus Survival Kits are the perfect guide to find any gift you need. 

1. Tarte Cosmetics 

The Tarteist™ PRO Palette is a professional eyeshadow palette with 20 ultra-pigmented shades, powered by naturally-derived ingredients. The palette creates Instagram-worthy eye looks for all skin tones & skill levels with 16 long-wearing, Amazonian clay-powered matte shadows & four lustrous, duo-chrome shades. The natural artistry™, neutral-to-bold shades deliver rich pigment payoff & silky-smooth blending with every wear.

The Lights, Camera, Lashes™ is a cult classic for over a decade. This best-selling vegan mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes & conditions, acting like a push-up bra for your lashes. It curls & separates every lash with a 360° magniLASH wand for a naturally defined & voluminous look. The mascara’s blend of good-for-you ingredients like rice bran, olive esters & provitamin B5 soften & nourish lashes with each stroke. It won’t clump, flake or trash your lashes and can be bought for $23 dollars. Check out Tarte Cosmetics today!

2. Being by Sanctuary Lotion 

Being is all about pure, promoting healthy, smooth skin through delicious scents. There’s a genie in our bottles that makes you feel 10 feet tall and smell good enough to lick. The Salted Caramel & Macadamia and Cloudberry & Lychee Blossom Hand Creams are our personal favorites. 

3. Krazy Glue 

From fine china and collectibles, to holiday wreaths and model trains, Krazy Glue is the glue that can bond anything. The Krazy Glue singles have enough in each tube for one fast fix, bonds to many types of materials, and is ideal for any type of holiday project. 

4. #ActuallySheCan Tanks

#ActuallySheCan is an inspiring female empowerment campaign by Allergan, a leader in women’s healthcare. Le Motto offers a way to express yourself positively and fashionably through handwritten graphics that express good words and kind thoughts. The #ActuallySheCan Tanks were created in partnership with Le Motto with sayings of: Less Drama More Karma in dark grey, Less Regret More Sweat in heather grey, and Less Hesitation, More Meditation in white. These tanks are perfect for any girls who enjoy working out, women’s empowerment, or both! 

5. Alba Botanica® Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes

The Alba Botanica® brand’s mission is to Do Beautiful. To honor that vision, we created a vibrant line of body-loving products that nourish the skin, hair, and of course, the soul. We make botanically-based, 100% vegetarian personal care products that do beautiful for you and your friends: people + animals + earth. Mother nature to the rescue! When you need a fast fix for tired, puffy eyes, the fast fix for puffy eyes cooling eye-revive gel immediately revives the eyes while cucumber, green tea and caffeine help stimulate, energize and reduce puffiness. What a wake-up call! Hypo-allergenic, pocket-sized, gentle and effective. This is a great gift for anyone who has a busy and tiring lifestyle and needs a bit of a pick-me-up. 

All of these brands and products are ones you definitely do not want to miss, especially during the holidays! They can help you feel beautiful, empowered, and ultimately get you into the holiday spirit. 

Samantha Merkin

Illinois '18

.